- turn 9 years old.
- had breakfast in bed, at your request.
- ate a jelly-filled doughnut and four Munchkins from Dunkin’ Donuts.
- wanted your little sister to be able to have breakfast in bed, too, so you invited her up onto your top bunk with you.
- will be having cookies and milk in class as a special treat from Mom. (Dad would love to be there, too, but work prevents it.)
- requested M&M cookie sandwiches for your class birthday treat.
- didn’t want me to come and have lunch with you at school. You’re too old for that now.
- are looking forward to going rollerskating to celebrate your birthday, just the four of us.
- are really working on being good.
- are concerned that we’re spending too much money on your birthday. (We’re not spending that much, really.)
- are making me realize how quickly time passes.
- make me wish I could keep you home from school and spoil you rotten for a day.
- make me proud.
Happy birthday, Buddy. I love you.
One thought on “Today you…”
So, so sweet…it literally brought tears to my eyes. They just grow up so (shh darned) fast don’t they.