Happy National Scrapbooking Day to everyone! I hope you find some time to get out the paper and supplies if you’re a paper scrapper or sit down with your laptop or at your desk if you’re a digi-scrapper!
If you don’t have time to scrap, how about taking 15 minutes today to do something scrapbook-related? This is the route I’ll be going, given our day is full of sports (one game down, one to go – except for my husband who has four hours of baseball ahead of him!), and Mother’s Day activities.
Here are five ideas for spending 15 minutes on this worthy hobby of ours!
- Pick up your favorite magazine. Read an article or two, or browse through the pages looking for layouts you want to scraplift or journaling that inspires you. Need some ideas? Try CreatingKeepsakes.com and ScrapbooksEtc.com if you need a place to start.
- Organize some photos. Come on, you know you have some photos that need to be organized, whether in print form or on your computer. How about picking out a few and placing an order for some prints?
- Journal. Have a layout in mind you want to do soon? How about working on the journaling now? You’d have it ready to go the next time you do have time to sit and scrap for awhile. For me, I really need to journal about my kids. I try to do this every six months or so. With Gabe’s birthday earlier this week, I should write a “Gabe at 9” list. One of these days I’ll get around to scrapping it!
- Browse the Web. There are tons of websites out there that can inspire you! Try your favorite magazine site or your favorite designer’s site if you need a place to start. (Don’t have a favorite designer? Try jessicasprague.com, aliedwards.com, cathyzielske.com and beckyhiggins.com for starters.) Better yet, check out the list of blog sites listed in the right column or in this post to find some of the newest digital scrapbooking product designers!
- Buy something that inspires you! For me, purchasing new product will get me in the mood to scrapbook every time! If you’re a paper scrapper, visit your local scrapbook store or browse around online (try archiversannex.com for starters), or visit the shops of some digital designers for some versatile products! Digital products printed on your home computer can multiply your scrapbook stash without taking up any extra space. Just print when you’re ready to use them! If you’re a digital scrapbooker, there are TONS of sites out there that can get you scrapping in no time. (And for starters, might I suggest you check out this kit right here? It is on sale, after all! 🙂 )
Whatever you do today, enjoy yourself! And for all of you moms out there, have a very happy Mother’s Day tomorrow!